Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review - SNOW by Uri Shulevitz


SNOW by Uri Shulevitz
Age range: 3 - 7 Years
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Publication date: 10/6/2004
Pages: 32
ISBN-13: 9780374468620
Rate: 2/5
Author Site: Uri Shulevitz
"It's snowing," said boy with dog.

"It's only a snowflake," said grandfather with beard.

No one thinks one or two snowflakes will amount to anything. Not the man with the hat or the lady with the umbrella. Not even the television or the radio forecasters. But one boy and his dog have faith that the snow will amount to something spectacular, and when flakes start to swirl down on the city, they are also the only ones who know how to truly enjoy it. This playful depiction of a snowy day and the transformation of a city is perfectly captured in simple, poetic text and lively watercolor and pen-and-ink illustrations.

As snowflakes slowly come down, one by one, people in the city ignore them, and only a boy and his dog think that the snowfall will amount to anything.


I didn't pictorially like this one but it is still a good book for children to enjoy. Cause what child doesn't like snow?? Esp when they in school.. There just itching for an chance to get out of school and go play in that mess..I know my chaps is ready for some snow. They wanting to throw snowballs (at me)and build a snowman so bad they can't stand it.. As for me, well ok you got me I do like playing in the snow with them, they bring the inner child out in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment