Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Recipes: Squash Zucchini Casserole

Squash Zucchini Casserole
Simple Recipe


I got a hankering for a squash casserole the other day. I remembered my mom made one awhile back. I don't know what all she put in it. So I tweaked up my own creation.

Ingredients:
  • 3 med squash
  • 1med zucchini
  • 2 small potatoes 
  • 1 med onion
  • 1 med bell pepper
  • mild cheddar shredded cheese
  • hamburger meat (opt. amount)
dash of salt and pepper 

Directions: Preheat Oven to 300 or 350f. Add about 1/4 cup of water in 9 by 13-inch baking dish (just enough to cover bottom of dish)... Cut squash,zucchini,potatoes and onion in circles(deseed bell pepper and cut in strips). Mix together in pyrex dish. Next fry hamburger meat and add to the mixture. Then sprinkle desired amount of shredded cheese on top. Add dash of salt and Pepper for taste. Cover with tinfoil and pop in oven for about 20 min or until potatoes are to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment