Monday, August 25, 2014

Stretching The Borders by Yael Shachany


Stretching the Borders

Author Yael Shachany

 photo stb_zps0625d6d6.jpg
Naomi leads a so-called peaceful life. She lives in a lovely apartment in the center of Tel Aviv with her loving, supporting husband and their two teenage children, works for a daily newspaper, and in her free time concentrates on art. But all this isn’t enough when her entire world is turned upside down one evening after which she’s drawn into a maelstrom of emotions and urges, lies and enigmas. Secrets from the past surface and merge with new ones, and Naomi discovers she’s living a complex life with parallels in several worlds: the people closest to her are also hiding from her their secrets and abusing her trust.

Umm, I'm stumped for words on this book. The book description on Stretching the Borders sounded awesome and I couldn't wait to read it. From the start it was mind blowing or needless to say mind boggling. Author Yael Shachany had me confused from the very the beginning. For starters she had to many stories going on and when she moved on you didn't know which characters was which or where you were at in the story. An this was just the first three pages. EXP story started off women was buying lingerie in dept store. As she was searching her purse for credit card she saw a tiny British flag on back of the underwear package. From there she started reminiscing about I guess a childhood friend and wanting to plan a trip to go see this friend (blah blah).. Started talking about a sickly women in apartment next door. Then was talking about buying apartment cause it had a black raspberry tree in the yard. Needless to say I didn't finish chapter 1 in Stretching the Borders. Luckily ;I have a kindle cause if I had actual book it a been strewn across the room and thrown away. I'm sorry I hate to sound so vulgar but it is what it is.... 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment